Whether you’re a beginner or experienced dancer, we have a class that will enhance your dance skills. Our expert dance instructors have the knowledge and experience to make your class enjoyable, fun and have you dancing to great music in no time.
In Group Classes:
• You will learn patterns, timings, and the way one dance interchanges patterns with another dance.
• We work on a rotation basis which means it’s never necessary to have a partner to learn any of the dances because we frequently rotate partners during each class.
• We follow a step by step syllabus so you will build upon the steps you learn from week to week.
• Our 45-minute classes give students a chance to learn new dance moves in an environment where you can practice your steps before hitting the dance floor.
• You get to review what has been taught during private lessons to help you gain confidence
• We rotate the dances every 60 days so you get a chance to learn new dances
What classes and level should I start with? We always suggest our students start with the 6 social dances which include Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Rumba, Swing, and Cha Cha. Your are more than welcome to try our specialty classes as well such as Salsa and Argentine Tango.
Bronze level (Beginner to Intermediate) figures are where build learn the fundamentals and build upon the fundamental actions of the dance and ballroom dancing in general. Providing fun, enjoyable patterns to dance, you’ll learn how to move to music, navigate yourself on the dance floor as well as balance, rhythm and working with your partner as a team. Bronze figures are extensively used in “Social” dancing. You leave class feeling comfortable and equipped to dance at any social event.
Silver level (Advanced) figures require more technique and a greater understanding of music and body movement. Silver level figures are really not for beginning dancers. Dancers typically find Silver figures and styling easier if they first have a sound understanding of the corresponding Bronze level.
Gold level (Advanced) figures can be considered more complex variations of the Bronze and Silver figures. Considerable technique, styling and artistry are required at this level.
Dance Fitness (All Levels)– Dancing is a whole-body workout that’s actually fun. Studies have shown it’s good for your heart, it makes you stronger, and it will help with balance and coordination. Dance Bethesda offers Line Dancing and LaBlast as part of our dance fitness program.
- $18 for Partner Dancing Classes
- $15 for Dance Fitness Classes
Please see our Dance Schedule for the current calendar of classes.